Building Stronger, Healthier Communities
NPHS builds stronger communities by creating innovative housing and economic solutions that advance the well-being of people, vitality of neighborhoods, creation of jobs and sustainability of the environment.
Community Impact, Engineered.
NPHS applies a holistic approach to community and economic development leading to transformative change. We achieve this by methodically engineering innovative programs, products, services and social enterprises that are customer-centric and interconnected to successfully create meaningful impact.
A future where all families are financially prosperous and live in healthy, economically vibrant communities.
NPHS’ eight core values define the boundaries within which we operate to pursue our vision.
- Leadership: Setting a course and achieving clear goals that inspire others through collaboration and by leveraging resources
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Taking calculated risks that create social impact by diversifying funding and revenue sources
- Innovation: Implementing new ideas, methods, and solutions to increase impact
- Environmental Sustainability: Integrating green strategies into our housing development to create healthier communities and conserve our natural resources
- Organizational Integrity: Acting with honesty, transparency, accountability, and respect
- Compassion:Understanding the needs of our communities and having empathy for our clients
- Inclusion: Ensuring our clients can participate in the economy through access to financially responsible products
- Empowerment:Empowering clients to make wise consumer decisions through knowledge and access to resources
Corporate Culture: NPHS is dedicated to improving the lives of residents in local communities. Our mission begins at home by growing, retaining, and improving the lives of our greatest assets—our employees. In response to the growing needs of the community, NPHS invests in building our staff capacity and cultivates leadership development opportunities, reducing staff turnover rates, and improving job satisfaction. This has helped increase our organizational bench strength, which improves not only our effectiveness and efficiency, but also the quality of the services we deliver. NPHS employs the following creative strategies to attract and retain talented team members to meet the needs of not only the organization, but also the communities we serve:
- Recruiting a diverse and inclusive workforce: We strive to build a diverse team and offer a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly, respectfully, and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
- Cultivating leadership throughout the organization: We believe that all NPHS team members can take ownership of our mission. By promoting a culture of openness and inclusion, we seek to provide opportunities for employees at all levels of the organization to develop their leadership skills and contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Promoting innovation:We encourage team members to think creatively about their work by providing time, space, and incentives to develop ideas that could take initiatives to the next level.
- Building our bench strength: We support our workforce in growing their skills by providing access to a range of professional development options.
- Supporting work-life balance: We provide team members with tools and options to help balance their professional and personal responsibilities, which helps our team, our organization and our community to thrive.
NPHS partners with local governments and financial institutions to help low and moderate income home buyers gain access to a wide array of newly renovated, affordable homes. Most of our homes are renovated to include energy-efficient features such as drought-tolerant landscaping, high-efficiency heating and cooling systems, solar panels and energy-efficient doors, windows and appliances. These features reduce the long-term energy costs and provide a more affordable, healthier, and comfortable home for your family.
Improving the housing quality throughout Inland Empire neighborhoods is an integral component of NPHS’ mission and wide array of services. With a rich history in neighborhood redevelopment, NPHS has completed many successful rehabilitation and new residential infill projects in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. NPHS provides comprehensive neighborhood redevelopment programs which include real estate services for the acquisition and sale of land and property, single family housing development, residential property rehabilitation and the administration of local home improvement loan and grant programs.
Community Wealth Building & Preservation
NPHS’ Economic Inclusion programs work together to assist underserved consumers to access, obtain and build assets that create pathways for achieving family self-sufficiency and economic mobility. As a Community Development Financial Institution, NPHS believes that economic inclusion – the opening of asset building opportunities for underserved social groups – is integral to the economic and housing development of our region. If underserved people are given a chance to access, obtain, and build concrete and tangible assets, such as savings or a home, they are more likely to participate in the workforce, pursue education or engage in other activities that help them achieve self-sufficiency and economic mobility. For these reasons, NPHs has developed the Economic Inclusion Program, an asset-based approach consisting of programs and services focused on the long-term economic development of individuals, families and communities.
Green Building & Environmental Sustainability
By integrating “green” components into its housing rehabilitation and new construction projects, NPHS is helping the environment as well as saving homeowners money on utility costs. NPHS installs energy and water efficient appliances and fixtures that are EPA Energy Star/WaterSense certified in all of its construction projects.
Job Creation & Preservation
NPHS’ programs and services are strengthening our local and regional economies. In 2015, our programs and services generated over $54 Million in direct investments into our local economy while creating 152 jobs throughout the Inland Valley. As demand grows for our social enterprise programs, and more underserved entrepreneurs and small business owners utilize our economic development services, NPHS advances the economic resiliency of our communities by supporting the creation and preservation of jobs.
A Rich History In Community Development
1994 Neighborhood Partnership of Montclair expanded its services to include homebuyer education and financial assistance, as well as expanding its geographic service area to include the additional cities of Pomona, Ontario, Chino and Upland.
1999 Our organization opened the NPHS NeighborWorks® HomeOwnership Center, an objective one-stop shop with qualified and highly trained bilingual, bicultural staff to assist its customer base.
2004 NPHS became a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
2011 NPHS joined the Fannie Mae Help Network, providing assistance to struggling homeowners with Fannie Mae-owned mortgages.
2015 NPHS recieved state funding for the first time through the California Organized Investment Network (COIN) and the California Department of Housing and Community Development's Community Housing Development Organization funds (CHDO funds).
1991 Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services, Inc. received its tax exempt 501(c)(3) status in 1991 under its original name Neighborhood Partnership of Montclair, Inc. The organization’s original mission was to revitalize very low to moderate income neighborhoods in Montclair, primarily through home improvement lending, neighborhood projects and resident leadership.
1997 Neighborhood Partnership of Montclair began offering its Family Fund for HomeOwnership down payment assistance program for first time, very low to moderate income homebuyers.
2002 Neighborhood Partnership of Montclair changed its name to Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services, Inc. (NPHS) to reflect its founding history in the NeighborWorks Network and to let the communities in San Bernardino, Los Angeles and Riverside Counties know that NPHS is here to help them as well.
2007 NPHS became a Freddie Mac Borrower Help Center, helping homeowners with Freddie Mac-owned mortgages keep their homes.
2012 This year marks an NPHS milestone. In 2012, NPHS achieved over $500 million in cumulative direct investments since its inception in 1991.