The City of Chino Hills Microenterprise Business Grant Program
The City of Chino Hills has received Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) funds under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The City of Chino Hills has allocated this money to fund a grant program for businesses negatively affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
$2,500 grants are available for businesses that meet the eligibility requirements.
Applications will be accepted from August 13-31, 2020
For more information and the complete grant program guidelines: Click Here
For more information, contact Chino Hills at:
14000 City Center Drive
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Grant funds can only be used for Working Capital (i.e. rent, payroll, utilities, inventory, etc). Funds may not be used for building improvements, refinancing debt of any kind, or payment of delinquent taxes.
- Employ 5 or fewer employees (including the business owner)
- Be an existing for-profit business since January 1, 2019 located within the City of Chino Hills
- Have a current City of Chino Hills business license
- Be in good standing with the City of Chino Hills (i.e. no open code violations)
- Have valid and up-to-date applicable business insurance(s)
- Have valid and current federal and state tax ID numbers
- Be owned by a person with a low to moderate income, OR the business must commit to retaining at least one full-time equivalent job held by a person from a low to moderate income household
- Be able to demonstrate adverse business impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic
The table below shows the maximum gross annual income per household size:
The following businesses are NOT eligible for funding:
- Home-based businesses
- New/startup businesses
- Liquor or tobacco stores
- Gun shops
- Passive real estate investment offices
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity per local, state, or federal regulations with federal regulations taking precedence over local or state regulations
Applications will be accepted from August 13-31, 2020.
Applicants must complete the Eligibility Application for a determination of eligibility. The application can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com with Business Grant Program in the subject line
- Mail to City of Chino Hills, Community Services Department, Business Grant Program, 14000 City Center Dr., Chino Hills, CA 91709
- Submit in person at the Community Services counter located on the second floor of City Hall, 14000 City Center Dr., Chino Hills, during normal business hours of Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you need assistance completing the application, you may call (909) 364-2717 to set up an appointment.
If initial eligibility is determined, you will be contacted to verify eligibility (i.e. submit verification documents). Funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, based on completeness of application package. This includes submittal of verification documents.