NPHS has teamed up with Freddie Mac to open the NPHS Freddie Mac Borrower Help Center. We provide assistance to struggling homeowners with Freddie Mac-owned mortgages to help keep them in their homes, whenever possible.
Now, as a result of the improving economy and more interest in pursuing homeownership, our Freddie Mac Borrower Help Center has expanded to offer pre-purchase homebuyer education as well as financial literacy using tools such as the Freddie Mac CreditSmart® curriculum to help potential homeowners achieve successful and sustainable homeownership.
If you are behind on your monthly bills, including your mortgage, our Freddie Mac Borrower Help Center offers free, confidential financial counseling assistance through HUD-approved counselors, either in person or on the telephone.
During your free financial counseling sessions, your counselor will:
- Review your current income, living expenses, savings, and debts;
- Help you understand your options and possible solutions to your financial challenges; and
- Assess your options for avoiding foreclosure, which could include a loan modification available under the federal Making Home Affordable program or another borrower assistance program.
Does Freddie Mac Own Your Mortgage? CLICK HERE to find out.
Preparing for Homeownership
If you are pursuing homeownership, our Freddie Mac Borrower Help Center offers free prepurchase homebuyer education as well as financial literacy tools, such as the Freddie Mac CreditSmart® curriculum, to assist you in your path toward successful and sustainable homeownership.
This free homebuyer education experience includes:
- Utilizing the Freddie Mac CreditSmart® educational curriculum to build important financial skills such as money management, credit, and responsible homeownership.
- Learning the steps to sustainable homeownership through workshops and one-on-one counseling.
- Comparing the affordable features of various mortgage products – including lower mortgage payments.
- Getting Information on down payment and closing cost assistance programs in their area.
To schedule a free appointment with a HUD-approved counselor, please call the NPHS Borrower Help Center at (909) 988-5979 or visit us at the NPHS Headquarters located at 9551 Pittsburgh Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Being prepared will help your counselor better understand your financial position so he or she can assess possible options for you. When you meet with your counselor, please bring the following documents with you:
- Most recent pay stubs and most recent tax return.
- Most recent bank statements.
- Credit card bills.
- Your monthly mortgage statement.
- Any utility bills and car payments.
- You should also fill out a Uniform Borrower Assistance Form, available in English or Spanish. This form will help you organize your financial information. Your counselor can also help you fill out this form.
For more information on avoiding foreclosure:
To visit the Freddie Mac website, CLICK HERE
Borrower Help Center/Network Online Fact Sheet – CLICK HERE
Directory of Borrower Help Centers and Network – CLICK HERE